Treatment for Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Treatment is tailored to your child's particular sleep disorder. Types of treatments offered through our program include the following, and more:
Recommendations for proven methods and routines to help your child fall asleep and stay asleep, such as:
- Behavioral treatments that address ways to reinforce good sleep habits
- Techniques to calm children who suffer from sleep-related anxiety or night terrors/nightmares
- Adjustments to sleep and feeding schedules
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy for obstructive sleep apnea. CPAP therapy involves the use of a machine and a special mask that delivers air to ensure unobstructed breathing during sleep. Our team is highly skilled in helping children acclimate to using the CPAP machine at home.
- Medications, if necessary, for children with complex medical problems. These medicines can help restore more normal sleep patterns, helping your child go to sleep or wake properly.
- Referrals to other pediatric specialists who can provide expert care for conditions that disrupt sleep. These conditions include obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), developmental disorders, epilepsy/seizure disorders, respiratory conditions, craniofacial disorders and neuromuscular diseases. Many children can be helped with surgical treatments, such as tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy or maxillofacial surgery.